Saturday 28 January 2012

Product Review - Deborah Lippmann Stripper to go finger mitt

Ok girlies you have probably seen what was in the December Glossy box all over since it came out before christmas and I know I posted what I had gone in mine when it came after I took advantage of the offer that you would get the December Glossy Box if you subscribed in early Jan.
Well this isnt about the Glossy Box as a whole - its about one of the sample products that came in it. It wasnt one of the actually products, more of an extra one that came with the Deborah Lippmann Nail Polish.
I had read a couple of reviews online to say that these strips were amazing for taking off glitter nail polish. Having read it from several sources and the fact it came with the extremely glittery Razzle Dazzle in the Glossy Box I believed the blog-a-sphere. So I decided to use it to take off the pink glitter models own nails off that I had on in order to put the Razzle Dazzle on.

I was SO disappointed with this strip. The first thing I noticed was that it came with no instructions which ok may sound stupid, I mean we all know how to take off nail varnish off right but since I had not used this kind of mitt before I wasnt sure if it should go on my index finger and use to get the varnish off the other nails or to put it on each nail and press on (a bit like the tin foil method).
I decided to go for the index finger method and I found it SO hard to get the nail varnish off! As you can see from the picure it took the varnish off just 2 fingers - well the thumb and half the index finger because as you can see its not all completely gone from it! And the mitt went completely dry!
Now this product retails at £14 for 6 mitts. Each mitt is meant to take of nail varnish from 10 fingers. I can see if you had just plain nail varnish on your nails it probably would do all 10 nails but having heard so many things about it taking off glitter - I thought it would withstand for at least 1 hand! This product is probably worth just under £2.50 which I think it is not really worth. After these 2 fingers I ended up using nail polish removed and cotton wool to get the rest of (which probably didnt cost me £2.50 and I can do loooooads of nails with that whole bottle).
Definaltey will not be purchasing these. Did you have the December Glossy Box? Have you tried these strips? Whats your view?