Tuesday 20 August 2013

Syn free garlic bread

As i mentioned the other day, I have become quite addicted to Pinterest and am always on the look out for some low syn alternatives to foods that I enjoy. 

When I was browsing the other week, I came across an alternative for Garlic bread. Now I had heard this recipe knocking around a while back but for Pizza but I never thought about using the same recipe to make garlic bread!! 


I cant believe how easy this is to make and it is SO yummy!!! Here is what you do: 

You will need:
  • Smash
  • Cold Water
  • Herbs 
  • Garlic 
  • Cheese (if you want) 
  • Fry Light
Make up the smash using cold water instead of hot. Don't make it too sloppy, make it quite dough like but obviously make it so you mix it well. Add in garlic and herbs to taste, obviously you can make it with as much or little as you want. 
Put some tin foil on a baking tray and spray with Fry Light and spread the smash out thinly. Bake it in the oven and when it starts going golden brown and crispy on one side, turn it over and bake on the other side. Once it has gone brown and crispy on both sides, this is the point to add cheese if you wish and put back in the oven for 5 more minutes. It probably takes about 15 minutes in all depending on your oven etc. 

And that is it! How easy was that! 

And if your doing slimming world, the best thing about this is, if you count your cheese as a Healthy Extra then this is freeeeeeee which in my eyes makes it even better!!! 

Have you found any low syn alternatives to your favourite foods???