Friday 13 September 2013

Foodie Friday: Low Syn Snacks


Me and my lovely friend Lisa were having a chat on Twitter earlier this week about low syn snacks that you could have on slimming world. We were sharing different ideas and I thought I would come and share some ideas with you. All of these are based on syns which are 6 syns or less (or less than 120 calories).


  1. Twister Mini Lollies - 2.5 syns (Or a full sized twister is 4 syns) 
  2. Alpen Light Bars - 3 syns (or you can have 2 as a Healthy Extra B) 
  3. Chewits - 5 syns 
  4. Curly Wurly - 6 syns 
  5. Muller Greek Yoghurts - 1/2 a syn 
  6. Liberte Greek Yoghurts 0% with fruit - 1/2 a syn 
  7. Dairy Milk Treat sized - 4 syns 
  8. Hartleys Jelly - 1/2 a syn 
  9. Special K Cracker Crisps - 5 syns for 21 crisps
Here are just a few ideas that I came up with including some of my favourites. I have been living off these twister minis over the summer! They are great when you have just a few syns left but you want a treat. I also love the Aplen light bars. Sometimes I like to have 1 weetabix for my breakfast and then 1 Aplen light bar later in the day such as days when I may be going to the gym and want to have something when I get out of the gym. I am in LOVE with curly wurlys. I love to stick them in the freezer, break it into bits and then take ages to eat it! 
The yoghurts are a nice snack too. I love the Liberte ones as they have a bit of fruit compot at the bottom. The muller ones are nice but they can be expensive unless they are on offer. I usually take the Hartleys Jellys to work as they feel like a really nice treat for half a syn and they do lots of different flavours. And finally the Special K crisps are a new addition to my snack list, you can have 21 of these crisps for 5 syns but I have been shaking it up by having 10 for 2.5 syns as just a small snack or if I fancy something but dont have many syns to spare. 

I hope that this gives you some good ideas for low syn snacks if your doing slimming world (or some low calorie snacks if your not). 

Do you have any low syn snacks that you love? I would love for you to share your ideas too!