Tuesday 28 February 2012

Tutorial Tuesday -NOTD - Graduated Glitter Nails

So I was thinking about how I could do my nails on saturday when I went out and I had seen quite a few images online about graduated glitter nails. I know that Louise at Sprinkle of glitter did this video about graduated nails with a few examples on a colour wheel and it got me having a bit of a think about it and I came up with this....

I used:
  • Barry M Shade 303 - Purple
  • Models Own Juicy Jules 
  • Rimmel 239 - Your Majesty
    Steps
  1.  Always start with a base coat
  2. Paint your nails with the desired colour - in my case the purple. 
  3. Wait for this to dry
  4. Use the Rimmel - Your Majesty to add "french manicure" tips on the end of your nails. This will just make the ends look darker under the glitter
  5. Once this is dry start to add the glitter in stages. Start by painting a coat about half way down the nail
  6. Then moving closer to the end of your nail tip add more glitter so the most glitter is at the tips of your nail. 
I added the silver polish to the ends of my nails so it meant that I did not need to add as much glitter to obtain the opaque look at the end of the nail.