Tuesday 14 February 2012

Tutorial Tuesday - Tagliatelle Bolognese

So I thought I would do a bit of a tutorial Tuesday with a difference this week and share a recipe that was in one of the Mary Berry recipe books that nanna and grandad got me for my birthday.

What you need:
- 1 celery stick
- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 500g minced beef
- 3tbsp plain flour
- 150ml beef stock
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 500g Tagiatelle

The recipe also had 150ml of red wine but I didn't use this.

1) Put celery, onion and carrot in an oiled pan and cook on a low heat until soft
2) Add mince and cook until brown
3) Add flour, stock and tomatoes and stir
4) Add to cooked Tagiatelle and stire in
5) If you want to add a bit of cheese either in or on top

I apologise the picture is just one of the book, I made this tonight and in the excitement to eat it totally forgot to take a picture of it :P

xx