Saturday 3 March 2012

February Glossy Box Review

So after waiting just under 2 weeks longer than it should have arrived, my Glossy Box finally turned up on Thursday. I would like to tell you that it was totally worth the wait but I have to say, Glossy Box I am disappointed this month. I know there have been very mixed reviews about this months Glossy Box. Some people have totally been in love with what they got and others havent really liked what they got, to the point where they were so disappointed with this months box they cancelled their subscription.

So here is what came in my box.


The first thing I noticed when I opened the box is how .. well .. small everything was.. having only had 2 boxes before this which were packed with products so much that none of them could move you could see the difference as soon as you opened this box.

The products:
  •  Paul Mitchell Styling Treatment Oil (£25.95) - Without using this product I know that I am going to get absolutely NO use out of it because this is not suited to my hair at all. It makes me wonder why I bothered filling the questionnaire at all... Looking at the other Paul Mitchell products which could have appeared in my Glossy Box any of the others would have been more suited. 
  • Becca Beach Tint Watermelon (£20) - This one is probably the only one of the items in the Glossy Box that I totally love this month. It says that it a lip and cheek tint but I think I wont be using it on my cheeks as its the wrong shade - I cant use pinky shades on my cheeks (I use bronzer for blusher) - However I totally love it as a lip tint! I dont really like wearing lipstick, I am more of a gloss girl so this one with a bit of colour in, I LOVE! I wouldnt pay the full retail price for it though...
  • BM Beauty Pure Mineral Eye Shadow (£7) - Having recently fallen in love with Mineral Foundation/Powder I was quite looking forward to trying this product. The black colour is got isnt one I would have picked myself but I am willing to give it a try.
  • Dr Bronners Magic Lavender Hand Sanitiser (£3.99) - I could spell this product as soon as I took the Glossy Box from the outer packaging. There is just something about lavender which reminds me of old ladies.. (sorry stereotype I know)... I tried spraying this on my hands and I loved the idea that it is a spray instead of a gel because you can spray as much or as little as you want. However I really dislike the smell. I think Lavender is one of those smells you just dont want lingering especially on your hands! I definately wont be using this! 
  • Como Sambhala Invigorate Shower Gel (£20) - Again with the above I TOTALLY dislike this smell!! I like a shower gel thats fruity or girly and this to me isnt anything like this, to me it smells quite masculine (maybe thats just me). Probably wont use.
Overall like many people I am very disappointed with this months box! I will probably only use 1/2 of the products in this box :(
I am willing to give Glossy box the benefit of the doubt for this month and give them another month to up their game and from what I have so far heard about the March Box - Harrods are designing it - it is set to be good! If not I shall be unsubsribing and looking for another beauty box.

I have done a video / ramble about Glossy box too which is currently taking forever to upload.. I shall share when it is done! :)

Have you had this months Glossy Box?? What did you think???